Upgrade microSD card in S4?
I've got a US Galaxy S4 that has an 8Gb microSD card in it. It's getting full and I'd like to replace it with a 32Gb one. I had thought to turn the phone off, extract the old card, and copy everything from the old card to the new one (out of the box) on a Windows PC. Will that work, or are there other things that need to get done? I'm trying to avoid worrying about which apps are set to write to folders on the microSD card getting confused by seeing the blank card there.
Destination card is a Sandisk Ultra.
- 06-12-2014, 02:06 PM #2
- 06-12-2014, 05:17 PM #3
Re: Upgrade microSD card in S4?
I was planning to shut down the phone before I removed the card. I guess I'm best off formatting the card in the device. If I do that I'll have to check the apps which write to the card to make sure they remember to do so.
If I shut down to swap the card to I still need to eject it in Storage in Settings?
- 06-12-2014, 09:44 PM #5
- By shaungilmer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 4Last Post: 06-13-2014, 04:06 AM
- By manni1to in forum HTC One M8Replies: 9Last Post: 06-12-2014, 01:58 PM
- By superhalder in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 0Last Post: 06-12-2014, 01:47 PM
- By Jordan Britt in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-12-2014, 01:22 PM
- By Majestix in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 06-12-2014, 01:12 PM