SGS4 Brightness notification bar is gone.

Aersie

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I noticed today that my brightness bar disappeared. The box is checked (and was toggled several times), I've rebooted, I've removed the battery and let it sit out. It's got 90%+ battery life.I don't want to have to reset my phone because of this nuisance. This new Kitkat update has been hell, and this is just one more thing to add to the list.

Any suggestions that doesn't require resetting?

Thanks

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I noticed today that my brightness bar disappeared. The box is checked (and was toggled several times), I've rebooted, I've removed the battery and let it sit out. It's got 90%+ battery life.I don't want to have to reset my phone because of this nuisance. This new Kitkat update has been hell, and this is just one more thing to add to the list.

Any suggestions that doesn't require resetting?

Thanks

Never heard of that happening on ANY provider, after the Kit Kat Update. Can you take a screen shot?

badinplaid

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Never heard of that happening on ANY provider, after the Kit Kat Update. Can you take a screen shot?

I am having the exact same problem and I have tried all the same "fixes" to no avail. I am also looking for a solution without having to hard reboot the device.

My notification bar looks like this:

unnamed.png

badinplaid

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
My slider actually just came back. It's a weird and round-about fix, but I ran the app "Night Mode," which usually disables the slider and replaces it with a button that says "Night Mode." When I stopped the app, the slider re-appeared. Kind of freaky, but no reset required.

haseebpaul

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Step 1
Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the notification panel.

Step 2
Touch the gear icon to open the “Settings” menu.

Related Reading: How to Hide Notifications on a Verizon Galaxy S4

Step 3
Touch “Display” and then select “Notification Panel.”

Step 4
Tap the check box next to “Brightness Adjustment.” If the box is checked, the brightness slider will appear on your notification panel.

Oraz Artykov

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and above steps do not help, checking "Brightness adjustment" box doesn't change anything.

Installed and uninstalled Night Mode, and function came back to Notification panel.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox