power button & screen unresponsive, alarms & time wonky, now calendar doesn't sync

AddictedToMyCell

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.
Software version: L720VPUFNAE
Hardware version: L720.08
Android version: 4.4.2

Over the past several months. I have noticed that when I click the power button to bring up the screen, it will take several times clicking the button. Either the screen doesn't come up right away or it does, but when I touch the screen to unlock it, the screen shuts off. Sometimes, after clicking the power button, the screen will finally come "alive" so I can unlock it. Other times I have to long press to restart the phone. The battery is good so that's not the prob.

Within the last week, when I want to type a text or comment on an app/IM, I have to touch the field so the "cursor" goes into the field, hit the back button, and do this a few times so when I type the letters actually appear. (That prob makes no sense...)

Every once and a while, the alarms don't go off. I use the blocking mode, but I have "alarm and timer" deselected.

My Outlook emails are still coming into my phone, but the calendar is no longer synced. It's showing as display. I removed and re-added the calendar and manually synced it, but no dice.

Anyone else experience these items? I really want to avoid restoring to default and starting over. Such a PITA.

Last edited: