Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Constant USB disconnects

Yet more problems with my S4. Plugged in to my gaming rig it constantly connects/disconnects to the PC. I've also had problems with it charging when plugged in to a wall. Charging never actually stops at any point, more like it takes far too long. So is the port broken or is it the cable?

Every time I buy a Samsung device. Without fail something happens.

Default Re: Constant USB disconnects

Quote Originally Posted by Edible Walrus View Post
    Yet more problems with my S4. Plugged in to my gaming rig it constantly connects/disconnects to the PC. I've also had problems with it charging when plugged in to a wall. Charging never actually stops at any point, more like it takes far too long. So is the port broken or is it the cable?

Every time I buy a Samsung device. Without fail something happens.
    I am on my 3rd Samsung and I have never had an issue with it, including charging port Have you tried another USB cable on the PC? Any USB to Micro would work, and they ALL pretty much do Data, so it would be rare if you had one that JUST did charge. So try another one if you have one kicking around.
    You can download "Galaxy Charging Current Lite" to verify what AMP your phone is charging at.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngcurrent.free
    Go from there and see what it says first and please report back