S4 screen turns off when hand is above sensors then turns back on

Ronald Chu

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my Galaxy S4 from about a meter or so on top of some wires and the wood floor. The top cracked and every time I put anything over the right side sensors about 2-3 inches about it, the screen turns off and when its not being covered it turns back on. Do I have to replace the screen or LCD?
Also if it is the LCD how much would it cost, same for to replace the screen. Got my S4 3-4 weeks ago.
This is how the crack looks like 10410133_10204017279021446_8286092741849813831_n.jpg

Garvin6600

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. It really sucks to damage a new device. , especially if like me you waited a good while for it.
I dropped mine in the Toilet. 2 weeks after purchase..

Fortunately for me. I bought it with a credit card.

Phone retailers replaced phone at a discount.
Card company refunded full purchase price.
If you bought by credit card.. Check it out.

Hope it works out well for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my Galaxy S4 from about a meter or so on top of some wires and the wood floor. The top cracked and every time I put anything over the right side sensors about 2-3 inches about it, the screen turns off and when its not being covered it turns back on. Do I have to replace the screen or LCD?
Also if it is the LCD how much would it cost, same for to replace the screen. Got my S4 3-4 weeks ago.
This is how the crack looks like View attachment 123636
The far right sensor is the proximity sensor. It's function is to turn the screen off when next your head/ear for a call or when slipped into a pocket or handbag

Ronald Chu

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
The far right sensor is the proximity sensor. It's function is to turn the screen off when next your head/ear for a call or when slipped into a pocket or handbag
After my phone got cracked it began to turn off and on like this, do I have to turn off a function or get the LCD fixed?