Noob Question? How to tell if the phone is locked or unlocked?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is a noob question but I haven't had a Galaxy phone since the S1, so I don't really know about them much. (Been a Nexus guy these past few years)

I recently got an SIV and have been wanting to root it, but I'm not sure whether or not it is locked or unlocked. From what I've read, this phone cannot be rooted (if locked) and no one has found a way to unlock the bootloader yet.

So how do I figure out if it is locked or unlocked?
The only reason I would keep this phone would be if I could root it and install a custom rom. I'm not a fan of touchwiz, I tried, but coming from stock Android. Touchwiz is just so cluttered and not my style.

It is a White 16GB Galaxy SIV

On the back it says.
Model: SGH-i337 UD
FCC ID: A3LSGHi337

If that helps.

Thank you for the help guys

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is a noob question but I haven't had a Galaxy phone since the S1, so I don't really know about them much. (Been a Nexus guy these past few years)

I recently got an SIV and have been wanting to root it, but I'm not sure whether or not it is locked or unlocked. From what I've read, this phone cannot be rooted (if locked) and no one has found a way to unlock the bootloader yet.

So how do I figure out if it is locked or unlocked?
The only reason I would keep this phone would be if I could root it and install a custom rom. I'm not a fan of touchwiz, I tried, but coming from stock Android. Touchwiz is just so cluttered and not my style.

It is a White 16GB Galaxy SIV

On the back it says.
Model: SGH-i337 UD
FCC ID: A3LSGHi337

If that helps.

Thank you for the help guys

There is always the full proof way to tell. Have a friend on a different provider pop their SIM card in and if it works you are unlocked ;)

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
There is always the full proof way to tell. Have a friend on a different provider pop their SIM card in and if it works you are unlocked ;)

This would not determine if the bootloader is unlocked. The OP wants to know if the bootloader is unlocked.
I would also like to know an easy way to determine this on an S4 (SCH-I545).

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara