Samsung Galaxy S4: No Screen Response

Julia Ladd

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I've had my Galaxy S4 for nearly a year now, and as of this afternoon, I've had problems with the screen response. I dropped 2 small drops of non-acetone nail polish remover on my screen protector, quickly wiped it off, and then proceeded to take off the screen protector to make sure it didn't affect the phone at all. No cosmetic damage to the screen at all, but I stuck it in a bag of rice just to be safe. Now, all of the buttons work (home, volume up and down, and the side power button), as well as the touch keys lighting up. The screen lights up and shows when I receive texts, calls, connections to wifi, etc. but it is not responding to touch. I have soft reset it multiple times, and have no idea what else to do. I really do not want to have to factory reset this phone for the second time because I have a lot of important photos and videos on here, as well as things for school.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-JL

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I've had my Galaxy S4 for nearly a year now, and as of this afternoon, I've had problems with the screen response. I dropped 2 small drops of non-acetone nail polish remover on my screen protector, quickly wiped it off, and then proceeded to take off the screen protector to make sure it didn't affect the phone at all. No cosmetic damage to the screen at all, but I stuck it in a bag of rice just to be safe. Now, all of the buttons work (home, volume up and down, and the side power button), as well as the touch keys lighting up. The screen lights up and shows when I receive texts, calls, connections to wifi, etc. but it is not responding to touch. I have soft reset it multiple times, and have no idea what else to do. I really do not want to have to factory reset this phone for the second time because I have a lot of important photos and videos on here, as well as things for school.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-JL

Are all your photos and videos on a Micro SD card? If so you won't loose those doing a factory reset. Not sure what to make of this. I can only suggest factory resetting, I am guessing that's what Samsung would say as well.
Sorry :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois