Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default getting boot loop

hello forum,

since yesterday, i've suffered from a boot loop, where i can't get past the cyanogenmod boot screen. for the past week, my battery has dropped in quite large proportions during the day. and upon inspection, i saw that my battery was slightly bulky (swollen, from later research) if i replace the battery, would my boot loop problem still persist? (i've tried wiping data and stuff before actually noticing my battery was slightly swollen)

thanks

Global Posts
    18,589 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: getting boot loop

Quote Originally Posted by PirateBay View Post
    hello forum,

since yesterday, i've suffered from a boot loop, where i can't get past the cyanogenmod boot screen. for the past week, my battery has dropped in quite large proportions during the day. and upon inspection, i saw that my battery was slightly bulky (swollen, from later research) if i replace the battery, would my boot loop problem still persist? (i've tried wiping data and stuff before actually noticing my battery was slightly swollen)

thanks
    The swollen battery is probably causing all this. If it is the culprit, you aren't in a bootloop, it is a disconnect and reconnect of the battery. Basically like pulling it dozens of times.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    PirateBay likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    The swollen battery is probably causing all this. If it is the culprit, you aren't in a bootloop, it is a disconnect and reconnect of the battery. Basically like pulling it dozens of times.
    thanks for the quick reply, i'll order a new battery and will update this thread accordingly to the results.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

yeah, so i got my battery today from Anker on Amazon. Fitted it in, booted my phone, no problems, and charge seems to last longer than old official Samsung battery, however it's hard to compare since it was indeed a swollen battery and i guess the performance was never going to be the same as a normal non-swollen one. So yeah, changing my battery did fix the issue.

thanks! (can close thread or whatever is deemed neccessary!)

Global Posts
    18,589 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by PirateBay View Post
    yeah, so i got my battery today from Anker on Amazon. Fitted it in, booted my phone, no problems, and charge seems to last longer than old official Samsung battery, however it's hard to compare since it was indeed a swollen battery and i guess the performance was never going to be the same as a normal non-swollen one. So yeah, changing my battery did fix the issue.

thanks! (can close thread or whatever is deemed neccessary!)
    Glad that fixed the issue. See you around the forums.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here