2nd battery my s4 has fried...

Mark Vesty

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
This is the second battery I'm on where its gone and bulged out and dropped its charge in seconds.
Today the phone was at 70% charge, went red hot while I was browsing and dropped to 7% so I pulled the battery quick and it had bulged.
I don't think it's the batteries because this time I was using an s3 battery in it, so it has to be the phone! Thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are all of the batteries that you tried from the same seller, or from different sources? If they're all from the same seller, I'd wonder about the quality of batteries being sold there.

Check the battery contacts in the phone, make sure there isn't any debris or gunk. I wonder if there might be something interfering with the charging, and thereby causing the battery to heat up.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This is the second battery I'm on where its gone and bulged out and dropped its charge in seconds.
Today the phone was at 70% charge, went red hot while I was browsing and dropped to 7% so I pulled the battery quick and it had bulged.
I don't think it's the batteries because this time I was using an s3 battery in it, so it has to be the phone! Thoughts?

You don't think it's the battery becase this time you were using an S3 battery??? Did you mean an S4 battery? Because and S3 battery would not fit an S4. And if you did mean S4 batter do you mean an Official Samsung S4 battery?
If you used a third party battery the first time, you could have done damage, so now any batter you put in wouldn't make a difference OR it's hopefully like B Diddy said and you have some grime or gunk on your contacts on the phone itself.
But If I am reading what you are saying correctly. You used a 3rd party battery first. It expanded and got hot. And then you went to an Official Samsung battery the next time?

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you noticed the phone getting unusually hot (other than when battery was obviously failing? ) Things like running gps while charging over a long period of time can get the phone hot. Over time, high temp can degrade batteries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez