Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 sleeps when playing games

Hey all,

For some reason when I play games on my S4 and I don't touch the screen for a while, the phone automatically dims the screen and then locks it (going into sleep mode) even though the game is running. This is most notable when playing Plants vs Zombies since there are a lot of moments ingame where you just have to look and not touch the screen. I'm surprised at this since the game permissions do clearly show that it should prevent the phone from sleeping.

Any solutions to this?

Global Posts
    25,819 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: S4 sleeps when playing games

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGui View Post
    Hey all,

For some reason when I play games on my S4 and I don't touch the screen for a while, the phone automatically dims the screen and then locks it (going into sleep mode) even though the game is running. This is most notable when playing Plants vs Zombies since there are a lot of moments ingame where you just have to look and not touch the screen. I'm surprised at this since the game permissions do clearly show that it should prevent the phone from sleeping.

Any solutions to this?
    That is strange, especially since you pointed out the exact permission that should stop your issue. I don't think there is anything that can be done on your end, aside form emailing the developer and letting them know.
    ‚Äč
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: S4 sleeps when playing games

I just noticed that the issue is only present when playing PvZ 2. The phone doesn't go to sleep when playing other games.
    I'm still not sure though if it's a problem at my end or if it's the game.

Are there PvZ 2 players who can verify this bug?