Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Apps that won't let you turn off notifications

I have a few apps that continue sending notifications after I've turned off the feature. It's mostly that Simpsons app that my daughter likes to play. It keeps going off with that famous Homer Simpson "DOH!" too, and always during inconvenient times, like in work meetings with clients.

Whenever there's a notification, I press and hold the notification until the "app info" link comes up. I press that, and then uncheck the box that says "show notifications". But for some reason it turns itself back on, and I have to continue going back and unchecking the box again.

Can anybody help me with this? It's rather annoying.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts

Default Re: Apps that won't let you turn off notifications

Try going in to the settings menu within the game itself and turn them off there.

Quote Originally Posted by ouchmyprostate View Post
    It keeps going off with that famous Homer Simpson "DOH!" too, and always during inconvenient times, like in work meetings with clients.
    lmao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ouchmyprostate View Post
    I have a few apps that continue sending notifications after I've turned off the feature. It's mostly that Simpsons app that my daughter likes to play. It keeps going off with that famous Homer Simpson "DOH!" too, and always during inconvenient times, like in work meetings with clients.

Whenever there's a notification, I press and hold the notification until the "app info" link comes up. I press that, and then uncheck the box that says "show notifications". But for some reason it turns itself back on, and I have to continue going back and unchecking the box again.

Can anybody help me with this? It's rather annoying.

You are doing exactly what you should do if there is not an option in game to turn off the notifications. Unchecked the notifications box under App Info is the correct way to disable it.
    So long story short, if that box keeps checking itself, it's a developer issue and you should contact any of the apps developers that it's not stopping for you for.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah, the settings in the game itself do not give you any option to turn off notifications. I appreciate the replies. Guess I'll try bringing this to the attention of the developer, although I'm not optimistic it'll do anything.

This is what worked for me. Using applications manager, move the app from sd card storage to internal storage.