Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s4 I9500 strange settings limited access

After using my Galaxy Tab10.1 from the first day it was introduced in the US, I thought it would be a good idea to get a used Galaxy s4 phone for my travels to South America. It arrived just in time I am now (in South America) equipped with a local SimCard, trying to fire it up. Basically it seems to work but I can't access Settings > More, can't access Wifi etc.

My head (pulldown) display gives me only date, time and battery status. I have 4 icons (Wlan, bluetooth, brightness, volume).
    Next line :Emergency calls only
    Notification Tab: MMS memory is full
    Running Tab:Empty list

It is the first time I bought a used phone and I am wondering if someone unloaded a bad phone on me.
    In the US I used my LG-P506GO from Att runing an older Android version. I was expecting to be able to handle this S4 but it seems to be strange to me. All the usual details in Settings (more, About, Wifi in Connection) are missing.

Anybody having an Idea what's going on?

Of course, I tried resetting to Factory defaults, but that doesn't help, but interesting enough it comes up with the Spanish language, I have to change to English....

Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: s4 I9500 strange settings limited access

Check that your homescreen is not set to "easy" that setting does limited a lot of functions of the S4, particularly camera, video and mms. Bear in mind that to reach many settings, you have to swipe the screen to left or right and not down as on the tablet

Just checked on my S4 "easy" does not affect the pull down icons WiFi Gps etc all there

Default Re: s4 I9500 strange settings limited access

Original or fake s4 ?

Some tests to determine if it is Fake or not