Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A problem with Samsung Galaxy S4!..

Hello,

I've been using my S4 for about 7 months now with no problems at all, few days back, a problem began. It's maybe related to the battery, the problem is, sometimes when the device is working properly with 30 or 50 or even 70% battery it just pause then shuts down and after several attempts to put it on again it works but the battery is zero percent and it needs charging immediately! that happens usually if I'm using the gallery and watching a pic, but sometimes if I'm watching a video online or other stuff. The problem sometimes accompanied with heat from the battery and device and sometimes there's no heat. Another problem that i think is related that when the battery reaches 30% to 25% the device just pause and shuts down and on reactivating it it resumes with zero percent battery it's like the new level to recharge is 30% instead of the previous 10% - 15% and it pauses when reaching that where it used to reach less than 10% with no problems and no pauses and showing the sign to recharge, but now there's no sign and pausing then shut down. Could it be a battery problem? does it need to be replaced? or is it something in the software or the device itself? any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanx guys.

Default Re: A problem with Samsung Galaxy S4!..

Welcome to Android Central! It sure sounds like a battery problem--try a new one. A quick way to check your battery is to remove it, place it on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. But even if it isn't bulging, its worth trying a new one.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: A problem with Samsung Galaxy S4!..

Thanx.. i think so too, i changed my battery today, and it's working much better though still losing charging kinda fast but i guess that's normal for most smart phones!..