Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Youtube app notifications not working

Hello, the YouTube app doesn't appear to alert me when new episodes of my subscriptions are available. Is that the point of the check box within the settings? Anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Youtube app notifications not working

Are you talking about the notifications checkbox in the YouTube app settings, or the checkbox in Settings>Apps>All>YouTube? Make sure it's checked on in both places.

You might have to specify which subscriptions to notify you about in the web interface: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_manager
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Re: Youtube app notifications not working

Hi, Yes the tick box is checked in the Youtube app (Settings>General>Notifications).
    Is your second suggestion on the S4 handset settings? Settings>More>Application Manager>Youtube>Show Notifications? Then yes that is checked too (i though that was more for app updates?)

The tick within the app itself has always been checked, which I just happened to noticed the other day and I thought it would be cool to get push notifications when a new video is uploaded to my subscriptions. Yesterday i did try the subs manager you mention and that does work but i don't want an email really, an alert on my S4 would be preferred.

Thanks.