Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tips for Apple Convert!!!

Hey guys. I made the plunge. I had another thread on here asking about the s4 and ended up making a deal to get one. Hope to get it tomorrow. Coming from a Iphone5 and excited and a little nervous about the s4. So hoping that some of you more experienced with Android can help me out with a few things.

1. I use a Macbook Pro so is there anything i need to know about syncing the s4 with it? I already have my contacts synced with google so i'm good there and i know how to use google music and sync it with iTunes. My only concern is getting pics from the s4 to my iPhotos on my mac.
    2. I've heard good and bad about Touch Wiz. Is there anything I need to tweak to help the s4 run smoother? I know I can download launchers which i'll probably end up doing but i've never rooted a phone before and I don't know if I need to.
    3.Are there any really good apps that I should have on the s4? Coming from the restricted iOS, i'm really excited about the customization of Android but i am concerned about some of the little things like battery life.
    4. Forgot one. I'm switching from the 5 so is there anything I need to know about before switching. I know there's been a problem with getting text messages and your supposed to turn off iMessage before switching so i'm probably gonna do that today and give it 24 hours to get out and hope that it works.
    Any tips you could give to a rookie would be awesome!! Thanks guys!

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts

Default Re: Tips for Apple Convert!!!

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ALborntoride View Post
    2. I've heard good and bad about Touch Wiz. Is there anything I need to tweak to help the s4 run smoother? I know I can download launchers which i'll probably end up doing but i've never rooted a phone before and I don't know if I need to.
    Launchers are a great way to customize your phone...Apex and Nova seem to be 2 of the most popular, but there's a whole array of them out there so just try a bunch out until you find the ones that work best for you. Rooting can give you a whole new level of customability, but if you screw it up it can also brick your phone so be sure to read all the tutorials and info you can find....here's a good place to start: Rooting your Android | Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by ALborntoride View Post
    3.Are there any really good apps that I should have on the s4? Coming from the restricted iOS, i'm really excited about the customization of Android but i am concerned about some of the little things like battery life.
    There a tons of great apps and widgets to try especially if you're coming from iOS....apps like Zooper and UCCW will let you build your own widgets or download custom ones created by other users; Tasker, Llama and Profile Flow allow you to automate your phone in tons of different ways; and Google Now, for me anyway, is a must have.

I'm sure there are tons of other tips and suggestions that others can offer....enjoy!
    ALborntoride likes this.

i also went from a iphone to a galaxy s5 and love it will never go back as i love the customization lol but one thing i did miss was all the different notifications on the iphone lock-screen so to fix that i downloaded sidelock with than you can select any notification to the lock screen you like. If you move away from touch wiz and get a after-market launcher on a lot of then you can get the notification badges so you will have badges just like the iphone on your icons

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knightflt View Post
    one thing i did miss was all the different notifications on the iphone lock-screen
    Try Dynamic Notifications or Dash Clock (and all it's extensions)....both are really good for lockscreen notifications.