Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone vibrating and not turning on

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 which is 3 months old. I was able to fully charge my phone last night as usual with no problems.

However, earlier today I was trying to transfer files from my phone to my laptop using the USB cable, and it came up with a message saying that the USB is not recognized and/or malfunctioning. This was weird because this is the same cable I've been using for months with no problems.

Later, my phone was running low on battery and I tried charging it, but I got the following message:

"The connected charger is incompatible with this phone. To prevent damage to your phone, charging has been stopped. To continue charging, use the original charger and cable that were provided with the phone."

Again, same charger that I've been using for months. My phone is now dead and if I try to turn it on the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo flashes once before the screen goes blank. Also, if I try to charge my phone either with USB or with a wall socket, my phone doesn't seem to be charging but instead vibrates once every three seconds. I have tried my friends' chargers and I have the same vibrating problem. Does anyone have any advice?

Default Re: Phone vibrating and not turning on

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a replacement battery?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you! I have not tried one just yet since I was wondering whether there was a different fix I could apply without having to buy a new battery. But I'll try that.

A replacement battery shouldn't cost too much, and it's always a good idea to have a spare.