Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Power button instantly locks and PIN lock

Hello,
    after some update I have an issue with some S4 in our company.
    We have not change any policy, "Power button instantly locks" has been disabled but this setting seems to be ignored.

So, every time that device goes in standby or powerbutton is click, screen lock appear, despite settings are to ask pin after 14 minutes.

Anyone as the same problem? (... and a fix) do you know if it possible to unistall this update (don't suggest to factory reset - I know about it..., )

Thanks a lot to all

Giovanni Rastelli
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Power button instantly locks and PIN lock

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni Rastelli View Post
    Hello,
    after some update I have an issue with some S4 in our company.
    We have not change any policy, "Power button instantly locks" has been disabled but this setting seems to be ignored.

So, every time that device goes in standby or powerbutton is click, screen lock appear, despite settings are to ask pin after 14 minutes.

Anyone as the same problem? (... and a fix) do you know if it possible to unistall this update (don't suggest to factory reset - I know about it..., )

Thanks a lot to all

Giovanni Rastelli
    Well, this seems weird have you tried doing a soft factory rest !! This reset will not remove your data or ..... but what it will do is rest all the settings back to the time when you have purchased your device. See if that works out otherwise I am afraid but you need to do a factory reset !