Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Why is it charging funny

    I see questions like these being asked here and there relating to this but not exactly like mine.
    Basically the past week my S4 was charging fine and then i noticed while plugged in, it would charge very very slowly and even loose some power. My boyfriends charger as well you have to wiggle it to charge. (this is the stock charger)
    Right now i'm using my moms LG charger and it's charging like it used to, nice and fast, i used an old blackberry charger and it charged perfectly as well.
    Should i buy a new S4 charger? the blackberry one never failed me (except i lost it...) would it be ok for my phone if i got the blackberry one?

    Thank you!
  2. #2  
    zocster's Avatar
    The Smurf

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,339 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is it charging funny

    you should be fine, using most Micro USB charger, I use my BlackBerry one for my Q as well as all my Android phones.
    Katsol likes this.
  3. #3  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Why is it charging funny

    Welcome to AC
    It was likely an issue with the charger. I find that my phone charges faster in the car than with the stock OEM charger (Weird...)
    As far as the Blackberry Charger goes, it won't be a bad idea, but it's always best to use the original charger as it has the correct voltage for your phone.
    Katsol likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Why is it charging funny

    Blackberry chargers are premium and mostly car chargers, the one I use for my S4.

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Why is it charging funny

    Same thing happened to me today it was a faulty car charger

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Why is it charging funny

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsol View Post
    I see questions like these being asked here and there relating to this but not exactly like mine.
    Basically the past week my S4 was charging fine and then i noticed while plugged in, it would charge very very slowly and even loose some power. My boyfriends charger as well you have to wiggle it to charge. (this is the stock charger)
    Right now i'm using my moms LG charger and it's charging like it used to, nice and fast, i used an old blackberry charger and it charged perfectly as well.
    Should i buy a new S4 charger? the blackberry one never failed me (except i lost it...) would it be ok for my phone if i got the blackberry one?

    Thank you!

    You could buy a new S4 charger and it should work fine cause it's NEW, but if you doubt it, then I suggest buying the blackberry charger if it worked fine for you. I don't think it matters weather or not you use the correct charger as long as they charge correctly.
    Katsol likes this.
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Why is it charging funny

    Quote Originally Posted by jamespark7 View Post
    You could buy a new S4 charger and it should work fine cause it's NEW, but if you doubt it, then I suggest buying the blackberry charger if it worked fine for you. I don't think it matters weather or not you use the correct charger as long as they charge correctly.
    Although it is recommended that you use a cable rated for the correct amperage on your phone.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
  8. #8  
    erinxia's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is it charging funny

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Although it is recommended that you use a cable rated for the correct amperage on your phone.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    I agree, the Samsung S4 charger would have the correct amperage.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Why is it charging funny

    My Note 3 just started giving me the message "To charge faster, use the original charger" I am using the original and a reset did not help!

Similar Threads

  1. FINALLY!!! KitKat 4.4.2 is here!
    By dodong27 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 05:26 PM
  2. How hard is GPS on data allowances?
    By tinker1234 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 10:06 AM
  3. Brightness is Low within Native Internet App
    By dodong27 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 04:32 PM
  4. Galaxy S3 Wifi button is greyed out
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 04:08 PM
  5. Need a little help! This App is irritating me!!!
    By dodong27 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions