Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Overheating often on 4.4.2

Ever since the update my phone has been saying cooling down often and even gets hot to the touch. I have checked all the processes running and the sd card and I have had no success. Even did a factory reset, is there anyway to fix this problem. And will this cause any damage to my phone?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Overheating often on 4.4.2

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you checked the SD card, what do you mean? Did you see if it overheats when the SD card is removed? If a file got corrupted on the SD card, that could contribute to overheating and other glitches.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've formated the sd card many times and have taken it out.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Do you think a new battery may solve the problem?

It's worth a try, but it would be odd that the battery started acting up only after a system update.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Sorry to bug you again but has it happened to you. I'm almost to the point where I'm just going to root it because I have always wanted to

I can't say those things have happened to me, because I have a Nexus 5, which doesn't have a removable battery or an SD card slot. But I've seen issues like this mentioned before on this forum, and some of those solutions have worked.

Mine overheated because of the sim card, changed it and now back to normal, the clerc said that it was not the first time that he saw this happening.

sent by my Galaxy S4
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Blademael do you have the Verizon model?

No the Telus model

sent by my Galaxy S4

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it was working fine till today when it upgraded to 4.4.2. It immediately started to drain the battery a LOT and overheat to the point where it was hot to the touch. I looked it up online and they said that for Nexus users to uninstall Skype. This is a pain in the rear end for me as I use Skype a lot, but upon uninstalling Skype, the overheating issues and battery drain issues stopped. The word is that they are caused by a daemon in the background that uses the camera. The new firmware and certain programs with that particular daemon don't get along. Although Google is working to find a solution for Nexus users, I'm not sure what recourse a Samsung user has. I can't even find this issue on the forums for my phone model, but it did happen to me.

This is a firmware issue and the only place where it can be solved really, is by Android itself. I look forward to an update that will solve this problem so that I can reinstall Skype.

My S4 started overheating after the kit kat update when I used Google Maps. I did a factory reset and that seems to have resolved the problem.