Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I tried so many times to take 1 picture only to come back a few minutes later to see it's corrupted. It's saving to SanDisk 64GB card

I can still see them in the camera app but everywhere else they're corrupted. There's another picture that disappeared off the face of the Earth, but I can still see it in the camera app.

Don't know if it's the SD card out the phone (wouldn't be surprised if it was the phone, Samsung products apart from my SSD have always been unreliable and broken in some way in a really short time)

I've taken some more since and they straight up didn't save. I Ree restarted and the pictures were deleted

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Pictures keep corrupting

My guess is that it's the microSD card, or how the card interfaces with the system. Samsung devices seem to have more problems with card corruption than others. See if you can try a different card. I've read in other threads that people have more success with cards smaller than 64 GB.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't have another card to test. So basically Samsung messed something up somewhere (willing to bet that it's their fault as ice had problems with media on device storage as well). Media storage problems have happened on other Samsung devices I've owned in the past too. Reckon I should have gone HTC when I had the chance as my experience Samsung cannot make a device that works (assuming the card is not at fault). That being said this is one of the better Samsung devices I've owned even though it cracks mysteriously overnight without ever being touched.

Find myself saying this more often, my iPod never did this so why is this doing it

Of course that's all assuming it's the phone at fault

Edit: so it seems to disagree with the SD card. Took a test photo on to device storage and it's still here

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

my SD card corrupted my photos too, but i think it is Samsung's fault. What a waste of buying an SD card too.
    I barely managed to save some photos my going through the files folder and emailing the thumbnails to myself.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Device storage doesn't s seem to work too well either. Took a video and it promptly crashed and rebooted. Tried to acres video and it crashed again