Verizon Galaxy S4 received "Samsung Account Update" - Safe for rooted phone?
I just got an update from Samsung saying I need a "Samsung Account Update". My phone is rooted, does anyone know what this update does and if it'll break root?
It's not a carrier-pushed OTA update, but I'm still nervous.
- Best AnswerJul 10 2014 | 4:17 pm EDT
No, you should be fine. It's just an update for your account, so you can take it and not worry
- 07-10-2014, 04:17 PM #2
- 07-11-2014, 10:01 AM #3
- 07-11-2014, 11:23 AM #4
- 11-30-2014, 09:26 PM #5
- 12-01-2014, 12:10 AM #6
- 22,807 Posts
- Modified Stock 4.4.2
Re: Verizon Galaxy S4 received "Samsung Account Update" - Safe for rooted phone?
Assuming a carrier-pushed OTA if the phone is rooted, it's still safe. The update will run until the root check, then refuse to update the phone. Same thing for a custom ROM.
- By masterpeter in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 31Last Post: 09-03-2016, 10:41 PM
- By PascLeRasc in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 07-10-2014, 06:54 PM
- By sreenisatish in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-10-2014, 04:36 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-10-2014, 03:08 PM