Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default media audio through bmw bluetooth hands free system

I have a BMW with a bluetooth hands free system. It has paired with the phone and works perfectly for calls through the cars system but the phone doesnt seem to be able to put media audio through the bluetooths system. This would be handy for satnav apps and music etc. I presume its due to an incompatibility between the BMW's system and the S4's - has anyone found a way around this or can suggest anything. I used to have a belkin bluetooth audio jack converter in my old car which I could use and then use tasker to switch to the cars bluetooth should a call be received but this sounds like a bodge it work around rather than a correct one.

Default Re: media audio through bmw bluetooth hands free system

How old is your car? Older models don't have streaming Bluetooth audio. I have a 2008 535i, which only has BT connectivity for the phone. You might want to check out Bimmerfest.com--there are probably some good discussions there about this.