Samsung galaxy s4

Parvaiz Lodhi

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Have phone purchased in china from Samsung shop. It give details when i go into setting--->system--->about phone that it is model no. Gt-1317 and android version 4.2.2. The box is having galaxy s4 label GT-i9500 and it had all accessories like travel charger, 2 batteries, etc and all papers signed and stamped by shop. My friend told me these china ones are not the same. I have checked all the things. Even went to the Samsung showroom here in Karachi Pakistan. They said it is exactly same galaxy s4 model but only difference is the software is country specific. He could not tell me what that meant so i am worried. Could someone here tell me how i can know if it is actually Samsung galaxy s4 or Chinese clone. I could take a picture and put here.
Thank you

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Your phone is genuine as Samsung Shops don't sell clones. If a showroom employee has verified that the phone is original, it means that it is. What he meant by country specific software is that the version of Android you're using was made specifically for China and therefore all future updates that you might get for your phone will be made available to you only when the next version of the Chinese firmware are released. To be more basic, it's just like if you purchase windows in the US it would have a few things different than the Windows that you might purchase in the UK as due to geographical differences, big companies release multiple variations of the same firmware.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana