Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: S4 won't turn on unless replacing battery, then turns off after two seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Torres Vazquez View Post
    NOPE! I know what's wrong everyone. It is the power button. it is stuck in. therefore when you take out the batter and put it back it, the button is already pushed in causing it to turn on by itself. But since it turns on the button is still pushed in causing it to turn off immediately. SOLUTION: take the phone and put it sideways where the power button is facing down on a table or some flat surface and don't slam it! but lightly hit it maybe a couple of times and the button will come unstuck. The phone should turn on by itself but the button isn't stuck so it will turn on perfectly fine. I am having the same problem right now actually and it is very frustrating but if do this then it should work.
    This works but my phone will shutdown after 1-2 secs. What to do?

Default Re: S4 won't turn on unless replacing battery, then turns off after two seconds?

WOW .. I guess the power buttons are still acting up in 2015, here .. I thought it was busted!! Thanks guys .. I didn't believe it, but ya, it worked. Power button didn't even feel like it was broken. Huh .. I guess there's another switch down below beneath the one that clicks that gets stuck.

Red face Re: S4 won't turn on unless replacing battery, then turns off after two seconds?

Thanks mate, I got this problem fixed how? I strike the power button with my bed corner in anger and suddenly phone vibrate and back to life again thanks....

Wow. The power button guy is right! But I found an easier way. Take off the backing and the batterie out. Then do the old school nintendo game blow, with lips touching the power button like a harmonica, and blow. This should the get the lint or whatever is blocking to move.

Quote Originally Posted by dharmil View Post
    I found the solution to the problem. You guys will have to open the phone and clean out the power switch. The problem is that the power switch its stuck or pushed down permanently, this was a known issue in the S3 guess they never fixed it in S4. It took me 10 mines to take it apart and clean it and now the phone works perfect!
    ^^^^^^^ SOLUTION WORKED ^^^^^^^^
    12-26-2015: Phone would not powerup unless battery was unplugged and plugged back in. Dharmil solution WORKED.
    REPEAT. It Worked!

****ty power switch is ****ty.

Thank you so much. Made an account just to say this.

Thank you so much, this worked! The tapping didn't quite do it but I rubbed the power button against the rounded edge of my kitchen counter and it worked perfectly! So grateful, thanks again P.s. I also made an account just to show gratitude!

still not working.........!!!!!!

Well Carlos Torres Vazquez, you are correct, same symptoms as everyone's S4 here, and I tapped a little on the power key, and it was in fact stuck! Thanks pal, everything is back to the norm now! Your a life saver, I mean phone saver! Two thumbs way up to you!

Adios Amigos
    Mike

Thank you so much!!!!! This happened to my boyfriends phone and after tapping for like 20 minutes it worked :d!!!!!!! Bless your soul you genius!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dharmil View Post
    I found the solution to the problem. You guys will have to open the phone and clean out the power switch. The problem is that the power switch its stuck or pushed down permanently, this was a known issue in the S3 guess they never fixed it in S4. It took me 10 mines to take it apart and clean it and now the phone works perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Torres Vazquez View Post
    NOPE! I know what's wrong everyone. It is the power button. it is stuck in. therefore when you take out the batter and put it back it, the button is already pushed in causing it to turn on by itself. But since it turns on the button is still pushed in causing it to turn off immediately. SOLUTION: take the phone and put it sideways where the power button is facing down on a table or some flat surface and don't slam it! but lightly hit it maybe a couple of times and the button will come unstuck. The phone should turn on by itself but the button isn't stuck so it will turn on perfectly fine. I am having the same problem right now actually and it is very frustrating but if do this then it should work.
    I had to do a combination of both of these for the power button to get unstuck. It's unreal how such a problem could exist -_-

Thanks to both of you, I created this account just to give props for a problem that still haunts us!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234