S4 won't turn on unless replacing battery, then turns off after two seconds?

derekmski

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The power button was the issue for me, it was getting stuck and that's why it would show the logo for 2 seconds and then shut off when putting the battery in. Power button must be going out on it.

Last edited:

Robert Morgan6

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes its the power button stuck down and if u have a soft, thick cover, its probably causing u to push the lock / power button at an angle, after so many hundreds of times doing this it will stick. Get a hard fitting case that allows better access to the buttons to avoid this in the future

Brian Patino

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Amazing, this worked for me!

My power button didn't look stuck, it didn't feel stuck, but it was. I lightly tapped the phone on its side and now I can turn on the phone without it turning off =)

shark trager

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Carlos Tores,hitting it while the power button was resting on a hard surface worked,saved me a new phone and a lot of grief,you're a gentleman.

Brent Thogmartin

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
HOLY CRAP!
I want to thank you so much for figuring out the solution to the problem. I was freaking out because it wasn't working and on the verge of taking it apart and/or getting a new phone. Thank you so much. My phone is working perfectly!

rotenka

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Had this same problem over the weekend. Hate that phone. I just broke the damn thing in half and tossed it in the trash. I am so over Samsung phones. Back to iPhone.

Denaaa

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
NOPE! I know what's wrong everyone. It is the power button. it is stuck in. therefore when you take out the batter and put it back it, the button is already pushed in causing it to turn on by itself. But since it turns on the button is still pushed in causing it to turn off immediately. SOLUTION: take the phone and put it sideways where the power button is facing down on a table or some flat surface and don't slam it! but lightly hit it maybe a couple of times and the button will come unstuck. The phone should turn on by itself but the button isn't stuck so it will turn on perfectly fine. I am having the same problem right now actually and it is very frustrating but if do this then it should work.

This works but my phone will shutdown after 1-2 secs. What to do?

roiikkata

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
WOW .. I guess the power buttons are still acting up in 2015, here .. I thought it was busted!! Thanks guys .. I didn't believe it, but ya, it worked. Power button didn't even feel like it was broken. Huh .. I guess there's another switch down below beneath the one that clicks that gets stuck.

Saqib Rana

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks mate, I got this problem fixed how? I strike the power button with my bed corner in anger and suddenly phone vibrate and back to life again thanks....

Curtis Drayton

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Wow. The power button guy is right! But I found an easier way. Take off the backing and the batterie out. Then do the old school nintendo game blow, with lips touching the power button like a harmonica, and blow. This should the get the lint or whatever is blocking to move.

RedSixstandingby

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I found the solution to the problem. You guys will have to open the phone and clean out the power switch. The problem is that the power switch its stuck or pushed down permanently, this was a known issue in the S3 guess they never fixed it in S4. It took me 10 mines to take it apart and clean it and now the phone works perfect!

^^^^^^^ SOLUTION WORKED ^^^^^^^^
12-26-2015: Phone would not powerup unless battery was unplugged and plugged back in. Dharmil solution WORKED.
REPEAT. It Worked!

****ty power switch is ****ty.

queenmab

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much, this worked! The tapping didn't quite do it but I rubbed the power button against the rounded edge of my kitchen counter and it worked perfectly! So grateful, thanks again :) P.s. I also made an account just to show gratitude!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois