08-10-2014 06:10 AM
- Hey, this is my first post here, so i apologize if did it wrong!
first of all i lost my warranty because cracked screen a little back in november so i can forget about it.
2. i noticed it was a little slower than normal but thats probably cos i had 1 gig on phone and one gig on SD left free.
ok after nederlands:argentina game i threw it in my bed was not too big impact (or shouldnt be) and everything started eversince!
* battery icon turned grey
* when charging, charging signe doesnot appear, but sometimes it does appear randomly when not eb=ven charging.
* phone is charging but very slow
*if i restart it while charging, it is pain to switch it on, it hangs on galaxy logo or battery logo but not green logo like it is suppossed to be, but grey empty logo with "thinking/loading" circle inside and keeps restarting every 20 or so seconds...
* phone is super slow just super slow.. feels like single core at 800 mhz.. really it freezes all the time. if i use facebook messenger and want to remove conversation (down to "x") it just stays there for 15 seconds and only then dissapears.
* flashlight turns on and off randomly, but if i want to switch it on by default widget we have, it doesnt work. works with camera tho.
* it heats up when charging, but not where battery is but just under the camera and flashlight
what else .. sometimes i can connect to pc sometimes not.. more often cant than can.
what i did:
* did factory reset - no changes - phone is empty, still slow still the same symphtoms
* checked battery, its not swelled (changed it ~ december - old one was doublesized this one is fine, tried battery from 3 other s-fours.
*i red that replacing usb port would solve charging problem - so i ordered it, but its like month i have to wait to receive it.
and i doubt it is ganna solve slow performance problem.
im on my data plan and there is still one year to pay for this piece of crap as it is now07-25-2014 06:27 AM
- ok the interesting thing is:
when it is like this phone works perfect except things u cannot do when u have 0% like listen to music orr take a photo.
but if i restart it and get percentage of battery shown somehow, i can do everything, but battery charge is about 20% in 8 hours .. and phone is constantly freezing. and with freezing i mean FREEZING. everything takes its time. press back button? give it 5 sec to actually go back. i dont know. delete somehing? forget it to get menu button to work takes for ever and it actually works 1 out of 10 times.
soo yes. new usb port is about to be in nearby post office in ~ 4 days. i do hope that this will solve everything. it is battery-port-connections related problem and one problem engages other.
if i wasnt shure what causes freezing, now its obvious - its something to do with charging-battery - port problem08-10-2014 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD