Help my phone stopped working!!!

CrysAnn Horst

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I had it charging all day and was barely using it. (I am at work so I can't use it much). I get home to check my messages for lunch and it was turned off. I try turning it back on, it goes to the Samsung Galaxy s4 page and then shuts off. I figure the battery is dead so I plug it in to FOUR DIFFERENT CHARGERS. Nothing happened. No red light. Nothing. Tested the cords with my Galaxy Tab 3 and the cords work fine. So I get my spare battery which was fully charged and put that battery in it. It turns on, gets to the home screen (FINALLY). Said it had a full battery and then the phone is off again!!

This phone has NO water damage, or broken anything of any kind. I don't know what to do. :(

CrysAnn Horst

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I tried removing SD card, the phone won't power on at all. It wont boot into recovery mode either. Its just a paperweight at this point. It won't even go to the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen anymore.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How about the battery contacts inside the phone? Are they clean? Does the battery sit snugly in the slot?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, running out of ideas here. You tried pressing and holding the Power button for a good 10-15 seconds?

Might be time to contact Samsung. Is the phone still under warranty?

CrysAnn Horst

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes.
Phone isn't under warranty as it has been over a year. I can send it in and if they decide that I did damage to it myself (even though I know I didn't) they can charge me whatever they feel is necessary to fix it. Looks like I will just have to trash it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay