Five question about Kitkat to S4/S4+

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I´m thinking about getting a S4+, to upgrade the S4 mini I have at the moment. The Kitkat ROM was just released OTA here in Sweden to this model. However, I´m a bit hesitant to if I should upgrade to this or not, since I have read a lot of things......and found that I have a few issues with this release compared to JB.

Could someone maybe try to clarify this for me?

1. I´ve read that text reflow is no longer working in browsers in Kitkat. It this true for the S4/S4+ TouchWiz Kitkat version? Any way around this issue?

2. GPS settings have changed somehow. The toggle in the activity menu is redesigned, but there is also some changes made to the functionality. But exactly what has been changed?? I don´t get that.

3. If I install a "exSD card fix" app from Play store, will this also fix the issue that files will be deleted if I uninstall the app that has created the files and have them in its folder? I´m trying to find out if the status of the exSD-changes that Google introduced in Kitkat will be reverted to exactly like in JB after applying these kind of apps, or if the exSDcard functionality still will be broken somehow.

4. Does Towelroot work on the Kitkat version of S4+?

5. Is there any other significant bugs or issues with Kitkat on S4+ that could be nice to know about before making the decision to upgrade from JB or not??

Big thanks guys for your input and feedback!
Cheers!

BR Ola

Skickat från min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I´m thinking about getting a S4+, to upgrade the S4 mini I have at the moment. The Kitkat ROM was just released OTA here in Sweden to this model. However, I´m a bit hesitant to if I should upgrade to this or not, since I have read a lot of things......and found that I have a few issues with this release compared to JB.

Could someone maybe try to clarify this for me?

1. I´ve read that text reflow is no longer working in browsers in Kitkat. It this true for the S4/S4+ TouchWiz Kitkat version? Any way around this issue?
No Problem on the I9500 international version on KK 4.4.2. Text flows normally in Chrome
2. GPS settings have changed somehow. The toggle in the activity menu is redesigned, but there is also some changes made to the functionality. But exactly what has been changed?? I don´t get that.No comment

3. If I install a "exSD card fix" app from Play store, will this also fix the issue that files will be deleted if I uninstall the app that has created the files and have them in its folder? I´m trying to find out if the status of the exSD-changes that Google introduced in Kitkat will be reverted to exactly like in JB after applying these kind of apps, or if the exSDcard functionality still will be broken somehow.It varies for me, if I uninstall from the "downloaded apps" menu, data files are left in the device memory. If I uninstall through playstore menu everything is gone. Ditto if I use the App System App remover(I have rooted)

4. Does Towelroot work on the Kitkat version of S4+?
Used CF Auto root...... worked a treat

5. Is there any other significant bugs or issues with Kitkat on S4+ that could be nice to know about before making the decision to upgrade from JB or not??. No issues BUT I factory reset after updating to 4.4.2

Big thanks guys for your input and feedback!
Cheers!

BR Ola

Skickat från min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk