Need reviews on lookout virus app

boos1906

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys just wanting some reviews on their back up program. Is it worth the 29 dollars a year? I was using Verizon cloud but it doesn't seem to be working right. It backs up my camera roll, but not my gallery! Tia

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I love it...it's secure and it works well in all respects.

I don't mind the cost for the security. That said, there are increasing initiatives that seem likely to do a lot of what it does for free. In terms of backup for instance, Facebook and G+ will back up your photos/vids automatically if you tell them to. They won't do the better backup that Lookout does, but then you hardly need contacts backed up anyway if you're in the cloud on Google (if not...that's another story).

I still like Lookout---I like having everything in one place and well thought out instead of relying on THIS for that and another program for something else, and wondering which one I made a mistake with.

boos1906

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I decided to stay with the free version for the virus protection! To back everything up I'm using a app called my back up pro! It had some negative reviews, but for 5 bucks I figured it was worth a shot! Anybody have experience with this app?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I decided to stay with the free version for the virus protection! To back everything up I'm using a app called my back up pro! It had some negative reviews, but for 5 bucks I figured it was worth a shot! Anybody have experience with this app?
No, but remember that one of the things lookout does is "locate phone" and "wipe phone" if stolen. It will even take a picture of someone attempting to unlock it. What are you using to replace that?

That's what I alluded to earlier--Lookout does backups, virus protection and missing-stolen phone protection. It's nice having everything in one place.

boos1906

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It will locate my phone in the free version. However I don't think it will wipe my phone, or take a picture of them! I may buy the paid version in the future

boos1906

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I just bought the paid version of lookout! However it's not giving me the benefits of the paid version. Any ideas how to fix this?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I just bought the paid version of lookout! However it's not giving me the benefits of the paid version. Any ideas how to fix this?

Sorry, never experienced a problem. Did you go into settings and enable / configure the feature you're interested in? If so, and it doesn't work, you'll need to contact support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs