Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I've experienced this 3 times in the last month or so. The background will randomly change to a recently opened app. First was Facebook, then gmail and this time it was the gallery. I attached a screenshot of an image I was viewing before this happened. It does go back to normal after I force close whatever app was open and causing this. What would cause this? No custom ROM installed, no background app and no custom launcher. Its 100% stock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S4 background changing to recent app?-screenshot_2014-08-03-11-44-46.jpg  
    Banned

Default Re: S4 background changing to recent app?

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySweetness View Post
    I've experienced this 3 times in the last month or so. I've had the background randomly change up to one of the recent apps I've used. Once it was Facebook, then gmail and this time it was the gallery. I attached a screenshot of a screenshot I was viewing. It does go back to normal after I close whatever I was looking at but, what would cause this? No custom ROM installed, no background app and no custom launcher. Its 100% stock.

Posted via Android Central App
    Well, I am afraid but I was looking your post more than a minute but I haven't still figured out what you are trying to ask and the screen shot you have posted is giving me feel of just irritating ... so can you please elaborate more on this so I can understand what's going over there ??
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by warn joe View Post
    Well, I am afraid but I was looking your post more than a minute but I haven't still figured out what you are trying to ask and the screen shot you have posted is giving me feel of just irritating ... so can you please elaborate more on this so I can understand what's going over there ??
    Interesting. I'm assuming you didn't understand the part where I said "background randomly changes to a recent app" with attached screen shot of what it looks like? In the image above it shows a screenshot of a gallery image (another screen shot) as my home screen background. One I did not set as bg image It also also happened with other apps being randomly selected as my background image, as noted above.

A suggestion from one of our Moderators, have you tried booting into your stock recovery and wiping cache? Don't get this confused with " wiping data " or a " factory reset " as this is different from those.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    22,979 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

I don't think I have even heard of a residual image being stuck for the background. In the OPs case, it appears to be the Gmail app.
    A cache wipe in recovery is a good starting point.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I don't think I have even heard of a residual image being stuck for the background. In the OPs case, it appears to be the Gmail app.
    A cache wipe in recovery is a good starting point.

It's happened with Gmail as well as Gallery (the image I posted above was a screen shot that i was viewing and was located in the gallery) and Facebook. I will run a cache wipe and see if it happens again. Thanks.

Global Posts
    22,979 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySweetness View Post
    It's happened with Gmail as well as Gallery (the image I posted above was a screen shot that i was viewing and was located in the gallery) and Facebook. I will run a cache wipe and see if it happens again. Thanks.

Hopefully it works. Let us know!

Edit: At least you have a unique wallpaper!!

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    UJ95x likes this.