Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default should i update my Galaxy S4 gt-19506 to kitkat 4.4.2

Hey

I have posted this thread in other forums but didn't get any reply. I am living in Stockholm, Sweden and i have bought Samsung Galaxy S4 gt-19506 (LTE advanced) with Tele2 carrier. Currently i am running on 4.3 and I was just wondering if i should update my phone to kitkat 4.4.2 because i have been delaying the update for more then a week now and im confused.

Is there anyone who has S4 gt-19506 and has updated to 4.4.2 and can please tell me abt the results after the update? Like battery life, lags etc etc??? That would be great.

My phone details are:

Model number: Samsung galaxy S4 gt-19506

Android version: 4.3

AP: 19506XXUBNE1
    CP: 19506XXUBMK7
    CSC: 19506NEEBNE1

Default Re: should i update my Galaxy S4 gt-19506 to kitkat 4.4.2

Some may tell you to hold off while others will say go ahead with the update.

Like any update there always seems to be its share of pros and cons. Battery life varies by user so that is hard to judge but I understand your concerns.

I usually look at the pro's like the updates both visual and under the hood in terms of security that come with any new update.

Which ever route you choose, good luck
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

I would not do it, due to the bloody changes in the external sdcard handling. That alone kills KK for me. 4.3 in the i9596 worked great, right? So why mess it up with a updated that pretty much doesn't change anything to the better?

Skickat från min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ya thats true every update had its pros n cons. Can u tell me what kind of changes in terms of security comes with the KK 4.4.2?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

#osvanberg.... hey actually i switched frm iphone to android so i have lack of knowledge abt android. Can u tell me about the changes with external sdcard handeling with the kk 4.4.2? How different is the sdcard case in KK frm 4.3?

Quote Originally Posted by zeeesss View Post
    #osvanberg.... hey actually i switched frm iphone to android so i have lack of knowledge abt android. Can u tell me about the changes with external sdcard handeling with the kk 4.4.2? How different is the sdcard case in KK frm 4.3?
    Hi, it's a big mess. Googles has made system changes that will no longer allow 3-party apps to write to the external SD card. This has alot of negative effects for a SD card user. Please read this and see if you better understand the issue :

http://m.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Skickat från min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk

Definitively not, unless you are fond of a shorter battery life and a malfunctioning sd card

Posted via Android Central App