- 30 Posts
If I go anywhere near the top of my phone my screen turns black. Say when pulling down notification bar. It seems to go off right before I get to the Samsung logo, below the ear piece. Normally the screen only goes off in a call.
I've had the same screen protector for months and the sensor is not covered. It's not dirty and there are no scratches. I also haven't dropped the phone or gotten any water in the speaker. No new updates or apps.. Is there a way to calibrate it or even shut it off?
Last edited by SimplySweetness; 08-04-2014 at 07:30 PM.
- 08-04-2014, 09:35 PM #2
Re: Proximity sensor is overly sensitive all of a sudden.
Is it possible that this could be due to Smart Stay? If you block the front-facing camera, the phone can't see your eyes, so it will think you're looking away. It will therefore turn the screen off until it detects that you're looking at the screen again.
- By Serjers in forum GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 08-09-2014, 10:05 AM
- By B0WIE in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 7Last Post: 08-06-2014, 11:06 AM
- By theorangecrush in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 10Last Post: 08-05-2014, 06:10 PM
- By fridgey100 in forum Android WearReplies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2014, 05:12 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 08-04-2014, 04:39 PM