Proximity sensor is overly sensitive all of a sudden.

SimplySweetness

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
If I go anywhere near the top of my phone my screen turns black. Say when pulling down notification bar. It seems to go off right before I get to the Samsung logo, below the ear piece. Normally the screen only goes off in a call.

I've had the same screen protector for months and the sensor is not covered. It's not dirty and there are no scratches. I also haven't dropped the phone or gotten any water in the speaker. No new updates or apps.. Is there a way to calibrate it or even shut it off?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that this could be due to Smart Stay? If you block the front-facing camera, the phone can't see your eyes, so it will think you're looking away. It will therefore turn the screen off until it detects that you're looking at the screen again.

SimplySweetness

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible that this could be due to Smart Stay? If you block the front-facing camera, the phone can't see your eyes, so it will think you're looking away. It will therefore turn the screen off until it detects that you're looking at the screen again.

All of the smart screen options are disabled. I have had it that way since I purchased the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante