Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default

    So I've got a stuck, or dead I'm not sure, red pixel on my screen.

    Tried everything, still won't go away.

    It's tiny, but it's there and it's annoying

    Took it to my carrier and they can send it to Samsung for repair. I would be without it for 5 weeks.

    I don't have a backup phone, and my carrier's replacement phones are ****.

    The Moto E is available in retail, unlocked, at 180 $ + taxes, but I can get a Nexus 4 in good condition on Kijiji for 180 to 200 bucks

    Idk what to do tbh

    Back to the stuck pixel thing, has anyone had the same issue?

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
    Last edited by salutcemoi; 08-09-2014 at 10:41 AM.
  2. #2  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,729 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Stuck pixel, won't go away

    Quote Originally Posted by salutcemoi View Post
    So I've got a stuck, or dead I'm not sure, red pixel on my screen.

    Tried everything, still won't go away.

    It's tiny, but it's there and it's annoying

    Took it to my carrier and they can send it to Samsung for repair. I would be without it for 5 weeks.

    I don't have a backup phone, and my carrier's replacement phones are ****.

    The Moto E is available in retail, unlocked, at 180 $ + taxes, but I can get a Nexus 4 in good condition on Kijiji for 180 to 200 bucks

    Idk what to do tbh

    Back to the stuck pixel thing, has anyone had the same issue?

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
    I have heard of this. It seems your screen display is defective... physically... not software related. You seem to not have any good options to correct this. If you have fulfilled your contract obligations than a new phone is best. I know Radio Shack fixes smartphones. I would give them a try.


    http://www.radioshack.com/category/i...oryId=23827956


    http://www.radioshack.com/uc/index.j...html&noBc=true
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,729 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: Stuck pixel, won't go away

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I have heard of this. It seems your screen display is defective... physically... not software related. You seem to not have any good options to correct this. If you have fulfilled your contract obligations than a new phone is best. I know Radio Shack fixes smartphones. I would give them a try.


    http://www.radioshack.com/category/i...oryId=23827956


    http://www.radioshack.com/uc/index.j...html&noBc=true

    And a different option other than Radio Shack:

    http://www.jcdrepair.com/
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Stuck pixel, won't go away

    Thanks guys

    I wonder if Daydream or Dynamic notifications caused it

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Stuck pixel, won't go away

    good info,I wonder if Daydream or Dynamic notifications caused it,thank you
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Guys, I dont get the screen repaired/replaced, do you think it will get worse (more dead/stuck pixels) ?

    Because I think I can get used to one bad pixel
    Last edited by salutcemoi; 08-09-2014 at 10:41 AM.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Stuck pixel, won't go away

    Quote Originally Posted by salutcemoi View Post
    Guys, I dont get the screen repaired/replaced, do you think it will get worse (more dead/stuck pixels) ?

    Because I think I can get used to one bad pixel
    I can't tell you for sure, but on my Motorola RAZR android, it had dead pixels that spread throughout the screen until it was halfway black: (

    Posted via My Ever-Bloated S4
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Stuck pixel, won't go away

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolten Nay View Post
    I can't tell you for sure, but on my Motorola RAZR android, it had dead pixels that spread throughout the screen until it was halfway black: (

    Posted via My Ever-Bloated S4
    Did it start with only 1 pixel then gradually you got more?

    Posted from my SGH-I337M

Similar Threads

  1. Nanny Nag Go Away!
    By dv8info in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 04:59 AM
  2. Nanny Nag Go Away
    By dv8info in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 09:22 AM
  3. Nexus 7 won't charge
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 09:41 PM
  4. Samsung Model SCH-i110 Won't turn on
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 08:00 PM
  5. Critical emails going to junk folder
    By boos1906 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions