Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

I've searched and haven't found anything yet, so please allow me to open this up to the community ;
    Verizon service. Lots of memory, both ram and storage. Stock, running 4.4.2.
    Quadrant full benchmark 12,400+. Wifi 57mbps down, 10 up. System Panel doesn't show anything hogging memory.

Sounds like a good foundation for performance, right? Not so much.

MOST apps load and operate as they should. If I surf, most graphics load in normal times (although a little slower recently). Facebook, on the other hand, has been all but dead. Open it and the images in the news feed and wall do nothing but give me the dread "working/loading" spin. I've cleared FB cache.

Any thoughts as to why this thing seems so gawdawful slow? By the way, this didn't suddenly begin with an update.

Thanks

Bj
    Sammy Galaxy S3 in the land of no LTE (Welcome to Chicago)
    Prouder Photon owner since HTC and Sprint wouldn't stop my Evo from rebooting!
    (Proud Evo owner since launch day.)
    (Former Pre/Palm OS fanatic)

Default Re: Galaxy S4 sudden performance drop

Probably won't do much, but try wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

You might also consider Clearing Data for Facebook, which means you'll have to log back in.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S4 sudden performance drop

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Probably won't do much, but try wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

You might also consider Clearing Data for Facebook, which means you'll have to log back in.
    Thanks. I deleted Facebook. That was it and apparently its buddy, Messenger, that is the actual culprit. If you load it, its horrendously invasive. If you don't, you are constantly prodded to do so. That was the issue.
    Sammy Galaxy S3 in the land of no LTE (Welcome to Chicago)
    Prouder Photon owner since HTC and Sprint wouldn't stop my Evo from rebooting!
    (Proud Evo owner since launch day.)
    (Former Pre/Palm OS fanatic)