Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Very Hot And Battery Drain

Hi all,

So heres the thing. About 7 months ago my battery was playing up so I went to the phones 4 u store and found out that a cell in my had blew up.

They sent me a new battery and worked great up until 2 days ago where the phone is getting very hot and the battery is draining extreamly quickley.

I have checked the battery and can not see any bulges in the battery. Im not quite sure what the problem is and hoping somebody can shed some light on to this for me.

Cheers

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Very Hot And Battery Drain

Do you use the phone when charging? if so it drastically increases the temp.
    Make sure all apps are closed, Wifi off, Mobile Data Off and Airplane mode on when u charge
    Clear ure ram in the active apps section before charging.
    Let the battery air after a full charge.
    Turn ure display brightness lower
    Use a black wallpaper - A superAmoled screen switches off pixels with a dark wallpaper

Leave the phone in a ventilated area when charging.

If these tips don't work - Go back the Phones4U and tell them off.

Also, one more thing, let the battery fully drain then rest it then charge it - it may need a bit of working in!

Good luck!
    S4 User, Macbook Pro User, iMac User and a Tech Lover!

Do you have an SD card installed? If so, try removing it and see if problem persists.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have a memory card installed. Can I ask why this would make a difference?

Cheers

Posted via Android Central App

Some cards, for some reason, actually heat up quite a bit. I think it is caused by a combination of a card defect and the card reader hardware supplying too much current or maybe just a poor contact/conenction. But, it is a problem that some Galaxy Tab owners have seen. Using a different card seemed to solve the problem, as I recall.

I had a micro SD card heat up big time in my PC card reader once.