Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kolten Nay
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Now running CM 11

    I did it. I finally did it. Touchwiz is gone and Cyanogenmod is in. WOW. It is fast. I have always rationalized that my phone isnt that laggy, Nova launcher is just fine, but now I know what i have been missing. And I love it. If you have an S4 thats not on a custom ROM, do it now.

    Posted via GS4 on CM11
    Joe Vile likes this.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,700 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Now running CM 11

    I thought the same thing when I flashed an AOSP ROM on my S3.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Now running CM 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I thought the same thing when I flashed an AOSP ROM on my S3.
    It's absolutely amazing

    Posted via GS4 on CM11
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Now running CM 11

    Ah I miss CM, I also had it in my S3 long time ago what a difference. I'm dreaming to do that the same for my S4 but I may regret losing some functionality and the features of the stock camera firmware.

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Now running CM 11

    Quote Originally Posted by alexcolka View Post
    Ah I miss CM, I also had it in my S3 long time ago what a difference. I'm dreaming to do that the same for my S4 but I may regret losing some functionality and the features of the stock camera firmware.

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    The one thing I miss from Samsung is multi window. But that's about it

    Posted via GS4 on CM11
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Now running CM 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolten Nay View Post
    The one thing I miss from Samsung is multi window. But that's about it

    Posted via GS4 on CM11
    A feature I wouldn't miss with CM. If you could share more deeply your experience with CM it would be great, how about the camera both photos and videos vs stock, the call quality, mic and speaker quality, any display problems, blue tooth problems and battery life. I guess you're using a nightly, how stable is vs TW.
    Many thanks.

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Now running CM 11

    Quote Originally Posted by alexcolka View Post
    A feature I wouldn't miss with CM. If you could share more deeply your experience with CM it would be great, how about the camera both photos and videos vs stock, the call quality, mic and speaker quality, any display problems, blue tooth problems and battery life. I guess you're using a nightly, how stable is vs TW.
    Many thanks.

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Hmm that's a great idea. I'll work on that, maybe make a YouTube video about. Great idea.

    Posted via GS4 on CM11
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Now running CM 11

    I'm on a google play edition ROM and I miss nothing from touchwiz. The camera software may not be that good but I'm using google camera. The pics are not gonna suffer any quality unless you shoot a lot in night mode. To me, the camera doesn't perform well in low light conditions anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Now running CM 11

    Are you using the LTE version of the phone? I guess that rom only works in the GT-I9505 and not the GT-I9500.

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Google Now reminders not working.
    By Whyareallthegoodnamestaken in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2014, 08:04 AM
  2. Stop running applications
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 04:10 AM
  3. I accidentally hit "install now" to the OTA update
    By carbear02 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 05:39 PM
  4. Buy Nexus 5 Now or Wait for Price Drop
    By Shambopyro in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 12:32 PM
  5. Google Now always listening
    By nickc122 in forum LG G3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions