Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M kept turning off and now won't turn back on

So phone has been working fine lately until this morning when I went to use it and noticed it was off...I turned it back on and saw it still had 77% battery life. A few minutes later it randomly turned off again while I was trying to send a text message. Turned it back on and same thing it turned back off after a minutes this time I didn't even touch it when it turned back on. When I tried turning it back on again, it wouldn't.

So I did a battery pull and it allowed me to start it up again...but once again after a few minutes it turned off. Won't even let me turn it back on after it shuts itself off now unless I do another battery pull. Is this just a messed up battery issue? But it still shows battery life in the 70s.

Also I guess I"m SOL on the warranty since I got the phone in either June/July 2013?

Default Re: Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M kept turning off and now won't turn back on

The easiest thing to do is to try a new battery. Just because it says it's in the 70s doesn't mean that it's functioning correctly.

You could also try unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting. A corrupt card can cause various problems.

It also wouldn't hurt to try booting into Recover Mode and wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support