- 52 Posts
Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M kept turning off and now won't turn back on
So phone has been working fine lately until this morning when I went to use it and noticed it was off...I turned it back on and saw it still had 77% battery life. A few minutes later it randomly turned off again while I was trying to send a text message. Turned it back on and same thing it turned back off after a minutes this time I didn't even touch it when it turned back on. When I tried turning it back on again, it wouldn't.
So I did a battery pull and it allowed me to start it up again...but once again after a few minutes it turned off. Won't even let me turn it back on after it shuts itself off now unless I do another battery pull. Is this just a messed up battery issue? But it still shows battery life in the 70s.
Also I guess I"m SOL on the warranty since I got the phone in either June/July 2013?
- 08-26-2014, 02:22 AM #2
Re: Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M kept turning off and now won't turn back on
The easiest thing to do is to try a new battery. Just because it says it's in the 70s doesn't mean that it's functioning correctly.
You could also try unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting. A corrupt card can cause various problems.
It also wouldn't hurt to try booting into Recover Mode and wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support
- By eprpalmeida in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 11-20-2014, 10:21 AM
- By HelloMrBrandon in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-27-2014, 04:07 AM
- By katrina1214 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2014, 07:51 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2014, 07:33 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-25-2014, 07:19 PM