Need help replacing Galaxy S4 speaker

rvmeush

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I think I need to replace the speaker in my Sprint Galaxy S4 and was looking for tips on how to do it. Most of the instructions I have seen involve taking the whole case off of the phone in order to replace the modular speaker. But I saw a youtube video that used a screwdriver to pop out the speaker module without having to take the whole case apart. I was wondering if anyone had used the youtube approach and how well it worked. It looks like a lot less hassle to just pop out the speaker module. Thanks.

rvmeush

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I was able to successfully replace the Galaxy S4 speaker without having to take off the entire cover. It was only necessary to take out the 4 screws holding the speaker in place. I then followed the youtube video instructions and inserted a small flat blade screwdriver between the usb connector and the plastic of the replacement speaker component. With a little effort the old speaker popped out and I was able to insert the new one and click it into place. I hope others may be able to use this shortcut as well.