Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RuRu013
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Need Help! Can I use a Samsung Galaxy Note as a tablet rather than a phone??

I have 2 daughters and I'm buying the eldest the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for her birthday. But the younger's b-day is close too and I wanted to know if I can use the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or any other Samsung Galaxy Note as tablet rather than a phone. Since this is the first time I'm buying a phone-tablet, I don't know much about them. You see, I don't want to buy the younger a phone yet, but since she's making a fuss, I thought I could just get it for her to use as a tablet instead. (I know it's killing the purpose, but she already has an I-Pad, so....).

If it confused you, then I'll say it another way. Basically, I want to know if I can buy a Samsung Galaxy Note and choose to not pay for its cellular use, but still use it to connect to the wi-fi I have at home. Basically, like an I-Pad.

Default Re: Need Help! Can I use a Samsung Galaxy Note as a tablet rather than a phone??

Welcome to Android Central! That should be possible. The device should still function without a SIM--you just wouldn't be able to make calls or use mobile data. But wi-fi would be fine.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Need Help! Can I use a Samsung Galaxy Note as a tablet rather than a phone??

Thank you so much. You've solved my problem!
    B. Diddy likes this.