Macbook not recognizing Galaxy s4

accuracy101

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
From the phone? I could try that.
I do get a notification on my phone along the lines of "for faster charging, use the cable that came with the device". whenever I connect it via mac. So i thought it was for sure the cable that was the root of all my issues, but I guess not.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
From the phone? I could try that.
I do get a notification on my phone along the lines of "for faster charging, use the cable that came with the device". whenever I connect it via mac. So i thought it was for sure the cable that was the root of all my issues, but I guess not.

So you're not using the stock cable? That can be an issues as well. Do you still have that at your disposal?

accuracy101

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
No but as mentioned earlier, I've tried four different cables (one of which was supposedly the a stock cable ), but my mac wasn't recognize any of them. I'll try to plug it into a PC later tonight and see if that helps.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No but as mentioned earlier, I've tried four different cables (one of which was supposedly the a stock cable ), but my mac wasn't recognize any of them. I'll try to plug it into a PC later tonight and see if that helps.

Alright. Like I said, if it's not the cables it'll likely be something with the USB port. I've had to clean mine out because of slow charging in the past.

accuracy101

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I've tried connecting it to PC and it didn't recognize it either. I download Kies on PC and it recognize it but it said that the phone wasn't supported. I suppose it has to be a problem with the phone. I had the phone flashed from 4G to 3G, maybe that has something to do with it?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've tried connecting it to PC and it didn't recognize it either. I download Kies on PC and it recognize it but it said that the phone wasn't supported. I suppose it has to be a problem with the phone. I had the phone flashed from 4G to 3G, maybe that has something to do with it?

What do you mean? Did you flash a custom ROM or something?

accuracy101

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
It's a verizon phone and somebody flashed it over to page plus and down to 3G because they don't support 4G devices. Not sure on the details though.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's a verizon phone and somebody flashed it over to page plus and down to 3G because they don't support 4G devices. Not sure on the details though.

Hmm, that might be it then. If it's a ROM made for another device then I'd suggest flashing back to stock to get it working again

accuracy101

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
When I try connecting it to PC, it says it can't find the drivers for the device. Should I just call samsung?

EDIT: Called samsung and of course, they're clueless too. I think it may be time to rejoin team iPhone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams