Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Exchange Calendar not syncing

I have a user who have issues with his already created calendar appointments not syncing to this Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. If we create a new appointment view web mail, it shows up in the S4's calendar fine. However, any already created appointments would not sync to the phone. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Default Re: Exchange Calendar not syncing

Are these recurring events that were created before the sync period set for the account? I don't think this is the case, but it might be wroth taking a look. Example: The event was created three months ago with recurring iterations set for every two weeks. The sync period set for the Calendar is 2 months.

Also, events that someone else created will likely not sync if the user doesn't have the right access credentials.

Another option could be that the events are being saved to a different calendar. You should check all the visible calendars in the app just to make sure that these events are not there, just hidden from view.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Many thanks for the response. The appointments that are already there does not look like it's recurring. In addition, the calender is set to sync "All" and not a specific range of time. I did change from all to 3 Months synced and it's still not sync any existing appointments. For example, he has three all day appointments today but none of them synced to his smart phone while I create a new appointment and name it Test1 and it works just fine. It shows up fine on the smart phone after it's synced. I tried creating the Test1 in the past and it works. I tried creating Test2 in the future and it works. The only thing that's not working is those appointments that are already created. All the emails, contacts, and tasks showed up fine.

By the way, he does have Gmail and Charter email added to the smart phone along with his Microsoft Exchange email accounts. Those other two emails does not have anything in the calender. You mentioned about "check all the visible calendars in the app". How do I do that?

To select visible calendars hit the Menu Button and hit the "Calendars" option. There, you should see a list of all the available calendars in your device, being able to checkmark those you want to see and un-check those you want to hide. Other than those settings, I really can't think of anything that might be going wrong, except to maybe take a look at his Exchange server settings, but that's not something that you do on the phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Many, SpookDroid! Yes, I did check that. All his calendars are checked.

I wonder if removing and adding his Exchange email back would help.

It would certainly force a re-sync. It's worth a try.