Battery problems

Nicolas Whipp

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Morning, well it is here in Cape Town, South Africa.

Their are most likely countless threada on S4 Battery problems but I would like to directly address the problem I am having.

Backround:
- My phone was dropped in muddy water late last year
- My local Samsung repair centre covered the repairs with ADH cover -> Both liquid damage and Cracked screen replacement. They pretty much replaced all the internal parts of my phone.
- They specifically told me that the battery was not affected even though I found this hard to believe. After the repair my intense drainage problem was still persisting which led me to buy a brand bew Battery.

Before the actual repairs my phones battery would run out of juice within 4 hours. I would take my S4 off charge at about 8am and then need to recharge it at about 12 or 1 in the afternoon, especially if I was using it. I finally sent the phone in for repairs and the Samsung Repair centre everything was replaceed except for the supposedly healthy battery. The draining still continued.

Anyway, I bought a brand new battery from my local online retailer for relatively cheap. The battery worked like a charm since I was getting around 12hours without any need to recharge. Lately I have been needing to keep it on charge otherwise any usage woild result in severe drainage. From typing this message I think I have lost about 5% of battery life ... so any usage of the device would mean severe battery drain.

I have attached a screen shot of my battery as it currently stands but ill keep posting at the end of the day of my battery level.

I think its important to note that I notice my CPU gets hot ... I mean I can feel the heat and it does not feel normal!!

Anyway, any idea what the problem could be?

I have disabled any GPS tracking ability, disabled S Voice, S Health and un-installed apps that I don't use anymore. My screen lighting is set yo auto and Google Plus is active, I have also disabled auto backup.

Hope this all makes sense since I hate typing long messages on my phone.

I have also seen people with screen time on a lot longer than mine with better battery life

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-03-10-54-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-03-10-54-28.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_2014-09-03-10-54-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-03-10-54-38.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 19

riksweeney

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Is it a Samsung battery or a 3rd party one? The fact that it's running hot and you're barely doing anything is a bit of a concern. I'd suggest returning it to the retailer and getting a replacement.

Have you tried reducing the brightness of the screen or changed it to auto brightness?

Nicolas Whipp

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Is it a Samsung battery or a 3rd party one? The fact that it's running hot and you're barely doing anything is a bit of a concern. I'd suggest returning it to the retailer and getting a replacement.

Have you tried reducing the brightness of the screen or changed it to auto brightness?

Morning,

Thanks for the reply.

My screen has always been set to auto, even dropped the screen brightness to its lowest level with no success.

As for the battery it is definitely a Samsung S4 battery.

Do you think my CPU could be draining my battery because it does get reasonably hot.

Also, would you recommend the Samsung Repair centre running a few tests or should I claim a faulty battery directly at the retailer I bought it from?

Posted via the Android Central App

DanPackMan

May 4, 2014
Visit site
You did not mention if you had an SD card or not. If you have one, remove it and see how it goes. If not, then it sounds like a faulty battery, as a screen at low levels should not drain it that fast.

I did see some interesting stuff on 'calibrating' the battery controls on galaxy tabs. You may want to google that and give it a shot. The process was something like; charge fully, the power off completely for >4 hours. Power on, use till its about 50%, power off for > 4 hrs.