Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question When phone is locked, blue tooth doesn't fully work?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 locked to Telus.
    I use the swype patterns to lock my phone. While my phone is locked, and I conenct to blue tooth in my car, my blue tooth isn't fully capable.
    I can't use the buttons for blue tooth on my steering wheel without first manually unlocking my phone.
    Is there a way I can override this so blue tooth take priority and can "see" past the lock?

It's annoying to manually unlock my phone, then get into bluetooth to get to who I want to call. At this point, I have been manually unlocking my phone, and using speed dial, however, this is kind of against the distracted driving laws that prohibit you to be on your phone.

I don't want to leave my phone with out a password, so that isn't an option. Is there a check box that I've missed?

Default Re: When phone is locked, blue tooth doesn't fully work?

I know it's not a solution, but its a way to bypass this. You could use Tasker to keep your phone unlocked as long as you're connected to your car's Bluetooth.