Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Get rid of software keys ?

Hi i have a rooted device running cyangenmod and i used the app "pimp my rom" to tinker with some settings and for whatever reason it added the software keys to the bottom of my screen (like on the nexus phones) i have tried everything reseting the apps settings doing a full uninstall and there still there... im using an app to hide it right now but its still annoying and just wasting battery and ram.... any solutions ?

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Get rid of software keys ?

Quote Originally Posted by chaddix77 View Post
    Hi i have a rooted device running cyangenmod and i used the app "pimp my rom" to tinker with some settings and for whatever reason it added the software keys to the bottom of my screen (like on the nexus phones) i have tried everything reseting the apps settings doing a full uninstall and there still there... im using an app to hide it right now but its still annoying and just wasting battery and ram.... any solutions ?
    I'm not familiar with that app and how to remove the modifications. You might need to perform a factory reset or reinstall CM to remove it.

I'd suggest flashing CM first then a reset if that doesn't work. Be sure to remove the app beforehand if you have reinstalled it for any reason.