On my Galaxy S4 why is my music playback glitching?

Brendan Vugteveen

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S4 Music Playback Glitching

Hello, I have tried researching this problem for a long time now and I haven't found any answers.
I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4. I recently copied my music (using the stock USB cord and copy/paste) from my PC to the 16GB micro SD card that I put in the phone. Every single song that I try to play stutters and skips constantly, to the point where I can not listen to the music because there is more glitching than actual music. I tried copying/pasting it to the phone's internal memory. Same result. I removed all the music files and tried syncing them via USB using Doubletwist. Exact same result. Using my PC, I opened up a song (saved on the PC) and listened to it, no glitchy sound. Using a USB, I copied/pasted that song to my S4 and instantly tried listening to it; glitchy sounds/skipping.

I am so fed up with this problem. The phone is brand new, completely stock (and the USB cable is too). I tried using the default music player and Google Play Music and the glitchy sound is still there. Is it the phone or is it the way my PC is copying the music files.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Note: all my music files are .mp3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Music Playback Glitching

Welcome to Android Central! I don't know for sure, but see what happens if you remove your SD card from the phone (making sure to Unmount it first in Settings>Storage), then insert the card into your computer's SD reader (using a fullsize SD adapter, very cheap to buy if you don't have one: Amazon.com: SanDisk microSD to SD Memory Card Adapter (MICROSD-ADAPTER): Computers & Accessories). Now use the computer's file explorer to copy the music files directly to the microSD card. Just copy a few songs or albums first, as a test. Remove the SD card, and insert it back into the phone. Give it a chance for the Media Scanner to detect the new media, then try playing them again.

citori2uk

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi.
I had this problem with my Galaxy S3, It was driving me nuts.
Streaming internet was OK. it just seemed to be the music player. So I downloaded other players but no good. I even took out the sd card with the music on, put it in a pc and it played fine.
I don't know if it will apply to you but I disabled Svoice in application manager after reading a post on the interweb and it seems to have resolved the problem for me.
This seems to be a general problem with android as other makes seem to suffer with it as well not just samsung.
If you search for music skipping or stuttering you will see loads of posts about it.
Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie