Galaxy S4 speaker not working

wilsongordon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 which is not rooted and less than one year old. Last week the speaker started to stop playing noise every so often and now it plays no sound at all. I've tried turning the sound up, taking it off mute and vibrate, etc. I can hear sound during a phone call but no sounds from the speaker for music, notifications, video, etc. I have taken the battery out and still no sound. I tried pressing *#0*# and testing the speaker button, but no sound comes out. However when I press the low frequency button I can hear the key sound when selecting the frequency.

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? Might I need a new speaker or could it be my settings?

Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What is the low frequency button? Is that tone coming from the main speaker, or the earpiece speaker? It really sounds like a failed main speaker, so my guess is that you'd have to contact Samsung for warranty repair, or bring it into a shop.

wilsongordon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The sound is coming from the earpiece speaker, not the main speaker, so I assume the main speaker may be broken. Thanks for your help, I'll contact Samsung for help.

Thanks again.