Broken LCD on S4. Send in to Samsung or local repair shop?

marriedgeek

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I broke the glass on my S4. While the LCD seems fine, I'm very weary of having someone replace just the glass due to the labor or removing it, dealing with adhesive, and the possible air-bubble between the new glass and the LCD, so I'm opting to just replace the LCD.

I have a local shop quoting me $200 for an OEM LCD replacement, while Samsung quoted me $162, but it would require me to ship it out for about a week.

Has anyone dealt with Samsung repair services? Any issues or experiences? I'm fine with being without the phone for a week, as I have a backup that I ca activate. Thanks.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have not had your experience, but I wonder if you couldn't replace it yourself with parts from the Internet and a YouTube tutorial.
I bet you could get a bone yard S4 from swappa or just the screen parts & the tools needed and have $$ left over.
Just a suggestion.

I replaced the ear piece speaker in my RAZR M, for about $10 (part & tools) after watching a YouTube video.

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There are plenty of videos showing screen replacement on YouTube. It's harder than you might think, and pretty easy to end up with a non-working phone. I'd look for another repair shop. $200 seems like a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38