Samsung S4 can't hear phone calls after using bluetooth

bfrey64

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have an S4 that was replaced by AT&T over the summer. I have the phone paired to my toyota camry and highlander. Each time, I am able to make one call using bluetooth, than for some reason I can't use it after that. I can make and receive phone calls but no one can hear me and I can't hear them. I have to reboot the phone before I was able to make and receive phone calls. I called samsung several times but this is the second device with this issue. I really don't want to go back the iphone and pay a lot of money for it. Samsung wants me to send it back for a repair, but why don't they fix this issue with a firmware update. I am just a little annoyed by the whole situation. Please help me!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support. If that doesn't help, try booting into Safe Mode (steps in that link also). This will temporarily disable all 3rd party apps, so if it works in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing instability.

Melissa Cortes1

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Try disabling Google Now's "OK Google" Detection 'From any screen'.

Open Google Now
Go to Settings
Select 'Voice'
Select '"OK Google" Detection'
Turn off 'From any screen'
Restart Phone

Hope this helps!