Android OS draining battery in less than an hour

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had the GS4 since the day it came out for Verizon and this is the first time that my battery drained like this. About an hour and a half ago, it was at 50%. Then I checked on it 30 min ago without even touching it and it was at 20%. Checked on it again 20 min later at it was at 7%?? My phone was also acting really weird. The power button was triply and wouldn't work to wake up the screen. It took like 20 clicks to wake the screen so I pulled the battery. I put it back in and turned it back on and the phone was now at 2% and then died in less than 2 mins. Right before it died, I checked it and the screen time was about 20% while android OS was draining it at 31%?? Nothing was downloading and the phone was idle most of the time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would help to see your battery screens. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

It might also be a failing battery. If possible, test out a new or different battery (e.g., see if you can borrow one from a friend who has the same phone).

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
That KNOX program I have drains the battery a lot

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7