First time factory data reset

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I'm about to factory data reset for the very first time on my Samsung Galaxy S4. A few questions if you will:

- is it necessary or suggested to move all apps OFF the SD card back onto internal memory for the reset?

- should the SD card be unmounted and removed during the reset and if so when exactly recounted? Phone on after reset? Phone off after reset?
- should the phone be plugged in at all during the reset?

- Everything and everyone says to backup, backup, backup..... What exactly should I backup and how? Backup assistant?

I Googled most of these questions but most answers aren't either specific or clear enough.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Your apps should automatically reload after you log into your Google account after the reset. If they'res any you don't want go into my apps in play store, click on all and x out the ones you don't want. I move all pictures I want to keep onto my desk top and format (before and after reset) my card just to start fresh.

anonymous1456

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
No it's not necessary

SD card is fine staying in

No it should be good don't take long

I would backup using the stock backup and then using es file explorer to find it and upload it to dropbox or mega

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon