Why don't I have any volume after I charge my phone?

fortinjlf1

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
No Volume After Charge

Proud owner of Galaxy S4 I337 for over a year on AT&T. Strictly stock, not rooted. On Android 4.4.2 with latest updates. No problems whatsoever until about 10 days ago. I noticed that I had missed some calls and notifications, and thought it strange because the phone is almost always with me. I reset phone and all was fine. Since then every time the phone has been charged, there is no sound. When dialing - no sound. Sometimes the call will complete, but I cant hear the other party and he apparently can't hear me. Notifications hare not audible, etc. I reset and all is fine. I would rather not continue this maddening charge and reset, charge and reset. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: No Volume After Charge

Welcome to Android Central! Two general things I can suggest:

1. Boot into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away, then something you installed is interfering.

2. Boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data.

Steps for both can be found here: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

fortinjlf1

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: No Volume After Charge

Haven't installed any new apps for many months. I tried general thing #2 last night, so we'll see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci